But people in 3rd world countries can't afford real computers. Sometimes, a cell (smart) phone is all they have.

Why we do it here is another story...

bp
<part15sbs{at}gmail{dot}com>

On 8/8/2015 8:55 PM, Ken Hohhof wrote:
Whether iOS or Android, I don’t see why people love their phones so much. Yes, they are little and portable, but everything else about them sucks compared to a computer. The processors are slow, the screens are small, the keyboards suck, the sound sucks, multitasking sucks, you have fat fingers instead of a precise mouse, drawing is like using an Etch-a-Sketch. And people love them!
*From:* Mike Hammett <mailto:af...@ics-il.net>
*Sent:* Saturday, August 08, 2015 10:39 PM
*To:* af@afmug.com <mailto:af@afmug.com>
*Subject:* Re: [AFMUG] OT: Here's proof that Apple fanboys actually adore Android A stock price directly influenced by hype. Apple's bubble will pop. I love it when RF geeks find out how little you can actually do on an iPhone compared to Android.

http://www.ics-il.com

*From: *"Bill Prince" <part15...@gmail.com>
*To: *af@afmug.com
*Sent: *Wednesday, August 5, 2015 6:38:51 PM
*Subject: *Re: [AFMUG] OT: Here's proof that Apple fanboys actually adore Android

On 8/5/2015 3:42 PM, Travis Johnson wrote:
> Say what you want... Apple is still the largest company in the
> world... still... this discussion has been going on for 5+ years
> now... and Apple is making more money than they can spend... and
> Samsung is losing more money every quarter. :)
Largest based on stock price. That's a moving target. Apple will rot
someday.

> All the phone manufacturers love Android because it's free. Ask any of
> them if they would actually pay for it and see what response you get. LOL
Apple gives theirs away too, but you have to buy an Apple phone to use
it. No thanks. I don't like the tiny box you have to live inside in
order to use it.

> Just like everyone is jumping on Windows 10... because it's a free
> upgrade.
And Apple gives theirs away too for the most part.

meh

bp
<part15sbs{at}gmail{dot}com>