I'd strongly suggest you find a product that works rather than try to
salvage a few dollars worth of products.  It will cost you more in the long
run and you'll hate your job.  Buy something that works and just get it
done (hopefully the Netonix solves your problems, it sure sounds like
everyone is happy with them!)

Regarding Ubnt...
GPS sync was never really officially ended, they just pulled the products
and said to wait until it's ready (was that like 2010?)
AirVision gets minimal updates, but never resolves the issues
AirControl didn't get an update for years and only did recently get a patch
to limp along to support year old products
mFi haven't seen anything at all
AirOS 5 took the better part of a decade for SNMP and a handful of other
things with 5.6...frequency update is in beta?

Perhaps you should call them on the AirPhone and see if you get a better
response.

Josh Luthman
Office: 937-552-2340
Direct: 937-552-2343