Probably two laptops, doesn't need to be anything fancy, my 2006 Lenovo X60
with GigE port does the full 950Mbps TCP.

From: Af [mailto:af-boun...@afmug.com] On Behalf Of Chuck McCown
Sent: Monday, August 17, 2015 1:52 PM
To: af@afmug.com
Subject: [AFMUG] GigE Testing

Demand for our GigE surge suppressor has been growing such that I am now
limited by my test station throughput.

Any ideas on how to test a GigE device go-nogo without buying more big dollar
testers (which I currently use)?

It needs to be fast and show speeds in both directions.

Have considered just putting up a GigE switch and plugging the surge suppressor
into two ports and seeing if they light.  But that sounds pretty cheap and
dirty.  Want to see numbers.  A laptop talking to another laptop with iperf may
end up being the solution.  Not sure if there are GigE USB NICS so I could do
it all on one laptop or not.

Any other ideas?