Keeping in mind that stuff on the Internet is not always true, quoting
Wikipedia:

“NLOS links may either be simplex (transmission is in one direction only),
duplex (transmission is in both directions simultaneously) or half-duplex
(transmission is possible in both directions but not simultaneously). Under
normal conditions, all radio links, including NLOSl are reciprocal—which means
that the effects of the propagation conditions on the radio channel are
identical whether it operates in simplex, duplex, or half-duplex.[5] Please
remember that propagation conditions on different frequencies are different, so
traditional duplex with different uplink and downlink frequencies is not
necessarily reciprocal.”

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Non-line-of-sight_propagation#What_is_line-of-sight.3F

This assumes passive, linear devices.  Exceptions would include amplifiers,
circulators/isolators/duplexers, ferrite based antennas, etc.  But as far as
the RF path itself including microwave antennas, I’ve never seen asymmetry.  If
the path loss is different in the two directions, my admittedly limited
experience has always been it’s due to the electronics.  This might not hold
with modern NxN MIMO radios where the signals are extensively processed, with
different processing in the uplink and downlink directions.  The RF path might
indeed by symmetric, but the effect on the 2 directions could be different.

BTW, I see the citation in the Wikipedia article is Ramo, Whinnery and Van
Duzer which sounds familiar, meaning it must have been one of my college texts
from a dreaded “Fields and Waves” course.  So it is a very, very old book.
I’ll have to check my bookshelf at home to see if I’ve got it.  Much of
microwave theory was developed 50 years ago, so it’s not necessarily wrong just
because it’s old.  Amazing what people used to design with slide rules.