That surprises me. I presume the price is a supply and demand thing. Most folks lash because the strand is already there and they are just adding to it.

-----Original Message----- From: Adam Moffett
Sent: Wednesday, September 09, 2015 1:08 PM
To: af@afmug.com
Subject: [AFMUG] Figure-8 vs lashed

So It seems like figure-8 is almost 3 times the cost of a separate fiber
and messenger strand.....but the generally accepted wisdom has always
been that figure-8 is cheaper.

Seems like you have at least twice the labor in lashed because you pull
the whole length twice.  I don't really have a basis for comparison
though.  Does anybody have reasonable guesses about labor hours spent
for aerial installation on the two different methods?