Power vent. Doesn't use that much power in stand-by. Maybe when the glow plug is on for ignition and then the inducer motor is running. But that's when you're taking a shower or something.

I would think a high-efficiency appliance will offset the operating cost, making it a wash. 4 hours a day completely off, maybe $2/mo savings. But then what did you pay for that timer? And when will it fail?

On 9/18/2015 4:59 PM, Nate Burke wrote:
Not trailers, but all water heaters are now electric. Forced air venting and electronic ignition. I'm guessing without power they won't heat the water.

On 9/18/2015 4:39 PM, Ken Hohhof wrote:
Since when does a water heater run off an "outlet", assuming these are electric water heaters, they should be on a dedicated big-ass breaker, like 240V at 30A or something.

Are these trailers?

-----Original Message----- From: Nate Burke
Sent: Friday, September 18, 2015 4:26 PM
To: Animal Farm
Subject: [AFMUG] OT: New Energy Savings?

I have a few customers who have just started turning their radios off
every night, like they're on a timer.  I talked to one of them, and he
said it's feed off the same outlet as his water heater, and He has a
timer that turns his water heater off every night from like midnight to
4 am.  Claim's it's supposed to give him $20 month savings.  Was this
just touted on some TV show or something that everyone started doing it?