Looking at this with a foreign view I can't understand this "gun love" in US.
It is not all about the criminals or idiots. Just look at the statistics for
accidents with weapons. The only way to save lifes is to be very restrictive.
If someone wants to shoot he can go to a shooting club and leave the weapon
there. It is not freedom to have a gun at home. It is silly esp. with kids
around.You can't avoid killing with banning weapons but you can reduce it. If I
need a weapon I call for police or security.