It depends on whether you subscribe to the micro inverter philosophy or not. Micro inverters are great if you have a lot of treees (or something), and have some panels that are shaded a lot.

Personally, I like having the panels in the clear, and going for maximum voltage in the array.

bp
<part15sbs{at}gmail{dot}com>

On 10/14/2015 7:38 PM, Forrest Christian (List Account) wrote:

$1.5 per watt, complete rooftop grid tie system, including micro inverters, mounting, etc.

I'm a bit out of touch,  but this didn't seem very disruptive to me.

On Oct 14, 2015 6:46 PM, "Chuck McCown" <ch...@wbmfg.com <mailto:ch...@wbmfg.com>> wrote:

    $1 per watt for DIY systems.
    That is without battery.  A full battery system is going to cost
    you 3 times that or more.
    *From:* Sterling Jacobson <mailto:sterl...@avative.net>
    *Sent:* Wednesday, October 14, 2015 7:37 PM
    *To:* af@afmug.com <mailto:af@afmug.com>
    *Subject:* Re: [AFMUG] Did I miss Chucks opinion on Ubnt SunMax

    Yeah, they said $1.50 a watt purchased, but do it yourself installed.

    I guess it’s nice having it converted on panel to AC.

    But what’s this price vs. buying panels yourself and running DC to
    a battery bank?

    I want both. I want the panels and the battery with a decent inverter.

    I don’t care so much about selling back to the grid.