I have a customer who insisted he needed 2 dual band wireless APs 25 feet apart in his ranch house. So we have a managed non-WiFi Mikrotik RB2011 in his basement, feeding two Netgear routers in wireless AP mode. I have the LAN ports bridged rather than using the switch chips, since there's plenty of CPU power and it gives more visibility into the traffic.

So counting 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz, the customer has 4 SSIDs and I think his devices like iPads are jumping back and forth between networks. And I think bad things are happening because the bridging table can't keep track of which port the clients are on. I see weird things like the same amount of traffic going out the ports to both wireless APs. I never see a MAC address on both bridge ports, but it is acting like the Mikrotik is flooding traffic to both ports.

Should I be tweaking parameters like reducing the ageing time below the default 5 minutes? Should I be using the switch chips and not bridging?

Is this a typical problem when devices can choose between multiple APs close together on the same bridged LAN?