A friend of mine worked for a very large telco as an non-represented IT guy
working on local LANs.

One of his co-workers was friendly with an IBEW telco guy and let him watch the
install of a Cisco 2500 series router with a T1.

IBEW declared that work to be Union work. They demanded, and got, the previous
7 years of hourly pay that !2! Union employees would have gotten for ALL the
router installs nationwide. Not a single Union member got any part of those
monies. :(

They tried to make it so Union members would need to plug and unplug hard
drives inside machines after a nonunion person unscrewed and opened them.

Silly Union things. I am the son of a Union mason/carpenter. I love wearing my
grandfathers 50 year IBEW pin when I go to the power company to talk about
poles. ;) eyes bug out.

ryan

--
D. Ryan Spott | NGC457, llc