I've been looking at this technology for out of band management of
sitemonitor-connected devices for about 6 months now.   I mentioned this
briefly in another thread, without naming the technology directly.

Waiting for my preferred silicon vendor to complete the US certification on
their modules before getting started - they're already shipping European
modules.

Note that the C/I is in negative dB's.   That is, you need a signal
something like 20dB BELOW the signal level of any interferer.

There is actually a fairly big opportunity for WISP's here... this system
is designed in a cellular-like model.  The LoraWan protocol is designed so
a company like a WISP could install several AP's and then sell connectivity
services across them to entities who will use it.   The protocol is also
encrypted so the WISP only has access to the data needed to authenticate
the Lora end devices and not the actual payload data.   Because this is set
up very much like a cellular network (with things like a 'core'), I was
expecting the price to be very prohibitive - instead it's amazingly
inexpensive.

-forrest

--
*Forrest Christian* *CEO**, PacketFlux Technologies, Inc.*
<http://www.linkedin.com/in/fwchristian>  <http://facebook.com/packetflux>