Back up a second. The word "coupler" in fiber would describe a passive device similar to what would be called a tap or a multiplexer in RF. A coupler takes an input fiber and divides the power among multiple outputs. The device that joins two fiber connectors together is a mating sleeve. (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fiber_optic_coupler)

Multi mode mating sleeves have a looser tolerance on the concentricity of the ring that holds the ferrules. They will /probably /work with single mode, but you will get more attenuation than if you bought the single mode version.

You can absolutely use single mode mating sleeves with multi mode fiber. The other way around adds attenuation.

On 11/3/2015 6:42 PM, Faisal Imtiaz wrote:
the couplers are passive, other that having the wrong color they will work fine.

if you are out of time, then choices are going to be pretty limited

:)

Faisal Imtiaz
Snappy Internet & Telecom
7266 SW 48 Street
Miami, FL 33155
Tel: 305 663 5518 x 232

From: "Matt" <matt.mailingli...@gmail.com>
To: af@afmug.com
Sent: Tuesday, November 3, 2015 6:33:26 PM
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] SFP Module
Yes, thats what I want.  Trying to find something I can next day air.

Found this but its multimode and I need single or will it matter?
http://www.amazon.com/Tripp-Lite-N490-016-SCSC-Fiber-Patch/dp/B000LSZ2G8/

On Tue, Nov 3, 2015 at 5:22 PM, Faisal Imtiaz <fai...@snappytelecom.net> wrote:
I think you are making this a lot more difficult than it needs to be for your
self.

You have a few options:-

For low port density, you can get a 1u keystone panel and add single fiber SC-SC
keystone jacks to make your install nice and neat.
Plug your incoming cables to the back side of the keystone plug, and use a
standard SC-LC patch cable on the front.

Regards.

Faisal Imtiaz
Snappy Internet & Telecom
7266 SW 48 Street