Technically, its not interfering with transmission, it is utilizing a
properly functional transmission to manipulate ones surroundings. Im not
defending it, when I was doing it with my fortigate to my neighbors, it was
a dick move. But at no point did it impact ones ability to receive
transmissions, it simply changes the transmitter. The reason that concerns
me is with the demand for free and open internet and our litigious society,
it creates a pathway for lawsuits down the line against lawfully operating
boundary control operators

to me, this would be more along the lines of "hacking" since technically it
is gaining unauthorized access to a system and altering it with malicious
intent. What government agency actually handles that?