Openvz is really more like a chroot jail. You can accomplish much better
functionality and the ability to run a wider range of guest VMs with xen or
kvm.

Keep in mind with openvz all guest OS must run the same kernel as the host.

Unless you need openvz for a hosting environment that will have hundreds of
small VMs on a server with 128GB RAM?