We do this all the time. We have cheap-o 200' of white 3/8" from Home Depot or something like that. NOT nylon sheath, that shit sucks. Fits in a regular size climbers canvas bucket. Climber throws it over/down, hook up the block keeping both ends of the load rope on the ground, he pulls it up. You could even get something like a Petzl micro pulley to make it a little easier on the tower guy. If we're working above 200 feet, then they just climb up with one end of the 400' 7/16" to pull up the 800 7/16".

A top side pulley that I highly recommend is the Rock Exotica Omni Block series. We have the 2" which isn't exactly rated for capstan hoist use, but we're also not hauling 1k lbs of gear. There's a 2.5 or 2.6" that is capstan rated now though.