Subject: Re: [AFMUG] would rocket dish 2g fix an link issue
From: "Justin Wilson - MTIN" <li...@mtin.net>
To: af@afmug.com
Date: 11/30/15 04:14:30am

Sounds like something is in the way. . Either interference or fresnel zone
issues.    Justin wilsonj...@mtin.net---http://www.mtin.net Owner/CEOxISP
Solutions- Consulting - Data Centers - Bandwidth  http://www.midwest-ix.com
COO/ChairmanInternet Exchange - Peering - Distributed Fabric On Nov 29, 2015,
at 9:28 PM, Tim Reichhart <timreichh...@hometowncable.net> wrote:Justinthe
quality was like at 50-60% and capacity was like at 2% then it would disconnect
from the ap.-----Original Message-----From: "Justin Wilson - MTIN"
<li...@mtin.net>To: af@afmug.comDate: 11/29/15 09:16 PMSubject: Re: [AFMUG]
would rocket dish 2g fix an link issueWhen you make a link and start passing
traffic what are your quality and capacity numbers? If you quality is too low
the signal strength won't matter. Justin
wilsonj...@mtin.net---http://www.mtin.net Owner/CEOxISP Solutions- Consulting -
Data Centers -
Bandwidth  http://www.midwest-ix.com  COO/ChairmanInternet Exchange - Peering -
Distributed Fabric On Nov 29, 2015, at 9:12 PM, Tim Reichhart
<timreichh...@hometowncable.net> wrote:Would hitting edge of an woods cause the
-70 to -75 signal problem? Because if I go with rocket dish or with airgrid
would the signal come down an bit or not? Because the ubnt.com/airlink told me
I would get -61 at the ap and like -59 at the cpe in reality it was more like
-70 to -75 -----Original Message-----From: "Rory Conaway"
<r...@triadwireless.net>To: af@afmug.comDate: 11/29/15 09:05 PMSubject: Re:
[AFMUG] would rocket dish 2g fix an link issue The power output of the
Powerbeam is much higher.  However, it probably isn't much better on the
receive side other than a slightly better chipset. Rory  From: Af
[mailto:af-boun...@afmug.com] On Behalf Of Tim ReichhartSent: Sunday, November
29,
2015 6:58 PMTo: af@afmug.comSubject: Re: [AFMUG] would rocket dish 2g fix an
link issue   Justinwhats the gain on the airgrid vs the dish? -----Original
Message-----From: "Justin Wilson - MTIN" <li...@mtin.net>To: af@afmug.comDate:
11/29/15 08:54 PMSubject: Re: [AFMUG] would rocket dish 2g fix an link
issueDepends on noise floor. The nano beam m2-13 is only 13DBI. If you want to
sep up to a bigger dish that would get you more gain. As much as folks don't
like the air grids in 2.4 GHZ it's hard to beat the AG-HP-2G20.Justin
wilsonj...@mtin.net---http://www.mtin.net Owner/CEOxISP Solutions- Consulting -
Data Centers - Bandwidthhttp://www.midwest-ix.com COO/ChairmanInternet Exchange
- Peering - Distributed FabricOn Nov 29, 2015, at 6:06 PM, Tim Reichhart
<timreichh...@hometowncable.net> wrote:would rocket dish 2g with rocket m2 fix
an link issue because today I tried with an
nanobeam m2 and link from customer to ap is about 3 miles and I was getting
anywhere from -70 to -75.