mama don’t take my Kodachrome

From: Ken Hohhof
Sent: Monday, November 30, 2015 5:15 PM
To: af@afmug.com
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] OT: 35mm Slide Scanner

> mostly slides from the 50s and 60's they're kinda grainy

If these are Kodachrome (50’s) or Kodachrome II (60’s), and have not degraded
with time, they should not be grainy, in fact that was probably the pinnacle of
slide film.  Films got faster but generally that meant more grain.  ASA 25
Kodachrome = good stuff.  Unfortunately needed a commercial lab to process it,
and I believe the last one shut down quite a few years ago.

When I think back
On all the crap I learned in high school
It’s a wonder
I can think at all
And though my lack of education
Hasn’t hurt me none