I carry a Colt 45 Defender. It is relatively small for a 45. An NSA buddy
of mine, who had been in several close range shootouts in his career asked
me one time why I carry a 45. I told him that I'd never been in a
firefight. I don't train in high pressure situations, and while I'm
proficient at the range, I don't train for situations like he did or the
cops do. If I am in a situation where I have to pull a gun, my adrenaline
is going to be pumping like crazy, and I may be moving to cover or trying
to stay out of the way of bullets myself. I may only hit what I'm shooting
at once if I'm lucky. I want the once to count.