From: Adam Moffett <dmmoff...@gmail.com>
Sender: "Af" <af-boun...@afmug.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Dec 2015 21:16:31
To: <af@afmug.com>
Subject: [AFMUG] Switch powered by PoE IN on any port

I was thinking about Dish Network MDU setups.  The switch they use gets
power from the set top boxes via the coax cables.  As long as any one of
the set top boxes in the building is turned on, then the switch has power.

I was curious if there's an ethernet switch with a similar capability.
I've got a place where I'd like to put a managed switch, but it would be
easier and cheaper to supply a few PoE injectors than to install an outlet.

Anybody heard of such a beast, or am I hunting the white whale?