I recently upgraded one of those RouterMaxx 1106 routers from 5.2 to 6.33.1 (I actually configured a new router and swapped hardware). Ever since, I have had performance problems with a couple ports that are connected to radios with 100M Ethernet ports. The most obvious symptom is that Winbox won't stay connected or can't download plugins, but I also see pings dropped even to the directly connected equipment.

I was a bad boy making multiple changes at once, so I've been gradually walking them back in the lab on the original router, I upgraded it to 6.33.1 and the problem appeared. I dropped back to 6.31 and it was still there, but when I dropped back to 5.26 everything was fine again. I haven't tried earlier 6.x versions yet, 6.31 is the oldest x86 version I have handy. This is not a radio problem, I can reproduce it with a directly connected laptop if I force the laptop NIC to 100M FDX.

Is anyone familiar with this problem? I can't find anything on the Mikrotik forums. I guess I can live with 5.26 if I have to, but I'd like to know what is causing this. Do I just need to change some configuration parameter? I know 6.x brought out hardware only queues, but I think that's for Routerboards, not x86. Is there a problem with the Intel NIC drivers included with 6.x? Any chance that an earlier or later version of 6.x will work for me? I see nothing in the change logs about it.