Paul,

In most cases, are you assigning a unique subnet to a customer for static assignment then? You're not just giving them an IP out of a larger pool? Are these mostly commercial or residential customers?

On 1/7/2016 11:29 AM, Paul Stewart wrote:
So we run FreeRadius across the board (DSL and wireless).  It's a rather
complex and heavily customized setup due to scaling and feature requirements...

We use dynamic pools on the NAS for IPv4/IPv6 allocation and push framed routes
down from Radius for customers with static IP assignments.  Groups are used on
the NAS devices for a number of things.

Our NAS's are pretty much all Juniper MX480 with some Juniper E320 still in
use.  The wireless networks are backhauled into centralized locations (switch
at tower site, PPPOE done further upstream for aggregation).

Kind of high level answer - hope it helps...

Paul

-----Original Message-----
From: Af [mailto:af-boun...@afmug.com] On Behalf Of Simon Westlake
Sent: Wednesday, January 6, 2016 9:50 PM
To: af@afmug.com
Subject: [AFMUG] RADIUS

For those of you using RADIUS to manage your customers (whether via PPPoE, or
something else), how are you doing it? Are you using pools, static addresses or
a mixture? Are you using groups to control access/redirect to delinquency pages
etc or other methods? What kind of attributes are you using? What is/are your
NAS? I'm guessing mostly Mikrotik in this group!

I'm working on a bunch of RADIUS stuff right now, and trying to build it to be
as flexible as possible.. any input any of you can give on how you use RADIUS
on your network would be very much appreciated!

--
Simon Westlake
Skype: Simon_Sonar

--