I pay like $7.00 a month for eFax through RingCentral.  It has an app,
converts faxes to .pdf and emails them to you (as well as storing them in
the app).  You link your email to RC and then you can fax anyone by just
emailing 'phone number'@rcfax.com.  It converts any attachment to a fax
(.txt, .doc, .pdf, etc.).  You can also just type an email and have it
convert that to fax.  You can fax using your camera phone as well.  Pretty
slick alternative setup for communicating with people whose primary form of
communication surely must be morse code.