By fair queue, I meant equal sharing of bandwidth per user / IP... Likely
with MikroTik PCQ.

Even though speeds would not be slower, the two major customer experiences
I expect are:
1. Wow, the Internet is extra fast during these off-hours, I'm really happy!
2. Wow, the Internet is slow during these busy hours, everything is the
worst!

I'd like to do something the user really appreciates, while minimizing
experience #2..

I suppose offering a traditional service next to a metered service can
allow the disappointed users to switch back to a traditional plan.