My understanding is that it was designed to handle the load of AOL back in the
day. There is clustering built into it and obviously AOL did use a custom
system.

When I really admin-ed it, we handled 10s of thousands of email accounts with
it on thousands of hosted domains. It just hummed along on OSX and FreeBSD.

Tandem, cool cool stuff.

ryan

--
D. Ryan Spott | NGC457, llc