When I was a sheet metal worker, we would use a light leather glove (deer
skin?  goat skin?) and they would last us about a month or two.  They were
tight at first, but with practice we picked up small sheet metal screws
with them and everything.  I have tried, ever since, to get back into the
habit of using gloves for EVERYTHING...but to no avail.  I absolutely have
to take off my gloves for nuts and bolts.  Anyway, sheet metal workers are
hard on gloves.  You need cheap leather gloves by the case.