Does "use both" count? :)

Mikrotik has a much better GUI for network operators. It's fast and
informative and even works well on mobile. UBNT's is geared more to
consumer-ish-es? :)

MikroTik has a larger price range/variety.

EdgeRouter has a FAR SUPERIOR CLI. This is especially true for people who
are familiar with either JUNOS or Vyatta. Not only is the CLI documented
very well inside of itself, but the ability to access the underlying Linux
CLI is often quite useful. I've even seen them used as PBX's and other odd
things - note: there are limits, and you can't just apt-get upgrade and
expect things to be OK.

Documentation is a Toss Up. You can use the very detailed vyatta docs for
most things, but EdgeOS and VyOS/Brocade vrouter are starting to drift s
bit. There are a lot of examples on both forums and knowledge bases
(UBNT/Mikrotik)

Mikrotik has better queuing/shaping methods, UBNT is catching up. UBNT does
have hierarchal QOS as well as fq_codel.

MikroTik is cheaper and more expensive. (Lol)

EdgeRouterX SFP is a nice entry. It can do around 600Mbps or so with some
firewall rules in place. They are about to enable hardware offload on it
which should increase performance well beyond RB2011 levels. It also has a
5 port switch chip and sfp port, so it's a pretty handy piece of gear at a
good price.

ER Pro has much better BGP convergence than I think just about any of the
Mikrotik boards currently. Also, DPI. ER does have mpls, vpls, te, etc in
new builds but they are playing catch-up here.

Just about all if not all of the CCRs will have higher overall performance.

CCRs have some very limiting software characteristics on their 10G unit -
hopefully that should change in ROS7(?).

UBNT has not publicly announce a 10G product yet.

I would love to see something with a 4-8 core x 2GHz cavium + DPI offload
and DPDK. I'm pretty sure they could pull that off, and it could kick some
serious butt in the 10G market.

I probably missed a few things, but this should help. Both have their place
and are great platforms.