It would be worth your time to load up a VM on your laptop with VyOS (aka
vyatta, aka brocade vrouter, etc.)

Vyatta using DPDK and good NICs can push 60Gbps on x86. Replace those
'good' NICs with Chelsio T5 2x10 or 2x40 and you just added 1 or more RAM
backed ASICs to your system, taking the major load off of your CPUs which
gives you overhead for Surucata inline IPS/IDS, ntop-ng based DPI, blazing
fast BGP convergence, etc.