I don't know about going through rock, but our LTE gear (not just Telrad,
also Huawei) does go through stuff pretty good.  One of my bosses replaced
his 900 ptp with an lte cpe and it's been been than ever for him - he has a
ridge between him and the tower.  He's tried a few different equipment over
the years too.  That's what really sold us on LTE.

That said, whether it'd work worth a damn with your restrictions on 3.65 is
a good question.  We are using licensed spectrum with a nice healthy tx
power...

The gear and the tech are solid.  It's the sales people being sales people
that cloud everything.  We're waiting on a new core (as we won't be using
Telrad's since they have zero desire to support compatibility with other
venders) so right now our Compacts are in wimax mode still.

-Steve D