Yes as in anything we have good and not so good...my point was that HAM
folks have had systems operating when no one else did and it makes sense
that emergency agencies have knowledge and relationship with local folks
just in case your state of the art system fails.  Look at how thinking out
of the box saved astronauts way back then...or poor analogy...when UFC
first came out...all these high rank black belts got whooped by skinny
juijitsu guy....now they have adapted and evolved...same thing to me...fuck
the politics... make it work. Period