While I have had many bad experiences I also employ several HAMS. The
question at hand was "Why don't emergency personal involve HAMS in their
operation readiness exercises?". I was merely offering a reason. These
public safety officials are professionals, not amateurs, and are typically
being evaluated during these exercises.

The only HAM's I have issues with are the ones that cannot accept they
are amateurs. Just like flying a drone doesn't qualify you to fly a 747,
being a HAM doesn't qualify you to design a public safety radio system or
run an EOC. Some HAM's are qualified, but many are not. With proper
training, as someone mentioned in a different thread, there is a real place
for them that can benefit public safety.

We just installed a P25 radio system in a hospital EOC and as part of it We
installed additional coax lines so that HAM's could more easily be
integrated into the operations there. So, I do work with them.

I only have issues with two types of HAM's or anyone around a specific
industry.

   1. freeloaders - Don't ask me to give you something free just because
   you like doing it. this is my business, not my hobby.
   2. Know it all - I have been in the radio business officially since I
   was 9 (first FCC license issued). I am a paid, highly trained professional
   with a lot of education and experience in the field. Just because you read
   a book and took a test doesn't mean you know everything. I don't know
   everything either, by I recognize it.

These things cross all boundaries. I also didn't like some geek telling me
how I should configure my large IP topology because he once configured a
Linksys router at his grandmother's house so his XBox would function and it
worked. Know your place, that is all I am saying.