The new version J0 syncinjectors which will be available shortly after
wispamerica (and may end up with a slightly different name to reflect their
more 'universal' powering capability) do what you're talking about, other
than the redundant power and hot swappability.

That is: two power rails, jumper selectable per port as far as which rail
to power from, jumper selectable pair configuration and up to 1A per port
(which means the same device will do canopy, ubnt, mikrotik, airfiber
etc.).

Assuming we don't end up with an unexpected board spin, I expect 45-60
days, preorders to begin probably 30 days from now.

The 12 port din will follow probably around 60 days after that.  There
won't be a lot of per-port savings,  just a bit of added density (12 ports
in the same space as two 4 port units would occupy if they were mounted
next to each other on a DIN rail).

There is also a rackmount unit definitely on the roadmap.  The delay right
now is finding a enclosure manufacturer, but I am currently following
several leads, as this is one of my top priorities as I fully realize that
that is important to many of my customers.

In relation to the redundant power:  Almost all of the redundantly powered
devices out there simply use two diodes to perform the redundancy
function.  None of the circuitry that is actually likely to fail is
actually redundant.  If you're simply wanting to make sure that the devices
can be powered from either of two sources, then that can be accomplished
with the two diodes I mentioned above.

--
*Forrest Christian* *CEO**, PacketFlux Technologies, Inc.*
<http://www.linkedin.com/in/fwchristian>  <http://facebook.com/packetflux>