I don't see anything in that saying the bandwidth from the 10/100 Ethernet switch chip to the CPU is limited to 100M, maybe I missed something.

It does appear to be true the only connection between the 2 switch chips is bridging via the CPU.

If using it primarily as a switch not a router, a CRS might be better?

-----Original Message----- From: Joe Falaschi
Sent: Friday, March 11, 2016 2:51 PM
To: af@afmug.com
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] Poor throughput on ePMP AP

That is what I took from this post: http://forum.mikrotik.com/viewtopic.php?t=63372

We had tons of issues at a site. Nothing made sense, CPU usage was in the teens, but we just saw terrible performance and packet loss at peak. Eventually we found out that we received more complaints on different APs and found the above post. We were only using the tik as a switch at the top of the tower to terminate the fiber up the tower and connect the APs. We replaced with a Netonix and all of our issues at this site went away. I had no idea. A warning label would have saved us months of issues trying to track it down.

Joe