Absolutely. With this compass you really can't be within 5-10 feet of any large metallic object and expect good results. Walking 100' away from the tower and shooting a back azimuth is the way to go.

However, it's usually good for 1 degree resolution if you know how to use it.

bp
<part15sbs{at}gmail{dot}com>