That's not terrible. 7,000 watt hours with a 50 watt load (that's typical on our smaller remote sites) would get you 5.8 days run time.

bp
<part15sbs{at}gmail{dot}com>

On 3/23/2016 8:38 PM, Chuck McCown wrote:
2.2 kWh
Batts of that size would cost $700
1.8 kW inverter.  That would cost $450
They plan to sell it for $1700. And they are not saying that this can pull the one single load for one hour.
It will store about 25 cents worth of power.
Tesla is 7 kWh.
I use about 50 kWh/day. Tesla would run my house for 3 hours on average, but since the power consumption is not continuous, when I am actually using lots of juice it would probably last for less than an hour.
*From:* Sterling Jacobson <mailto:sterl...@avative.net>
*Sent:* Wednesday, March 23, 2016 8:22 PM
*To:* af@afmug.com <mailto:af@afmug.com>
*Subject:* Re: [AFMUG] Tesla 7kWh powerwall as UPS?

I purchased one of these to play with:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ericclifton/orison-rethink-the-power-of-energy

I’m not sure exactly how they work their magic, but you should just be able to plug it into the same power strip and it will charge, and supply power in case of an outage?

All on a common 15amp 110v plug.

We’ll see how it actually goes in August when I get mine.

I also pre-ordered a powerwall like a year ago and haven’t heard much back from Tesla.

I would probably use the powerwall in a solar setup combo if I move.

It’s tempting to get a few and string them together for my office, but it would take some creative engineering to wire it in correctly on a transfer switch I think.