Sounds like a sidelobe.  Normally I would say a licensed dish would have deeper
sidelobes than 24 dB, but 3ft in 11GHz is only Category B, so that’s probably
plausible.

From: Sterling Jacobson
Sent: Saturday, April 02, 2016 9:54 AM
To: af@afmug.com
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] How long to Aim?

It will show -67dB at 17dBm power so it was definitely on a side lobe.

They couldn’t get it any better than that after an hour or two.

I believe at 10 miles 3’ dual pol dish at 17dBm I should be at around -43dB
receive if pointed correctly

So that’s really not even that close.

Or there’s something else wrong.