Yeah. At scale it is necessary to be able to buy the same model (or very
close) for consistent deployment and maintenance. Same battery trays, same
batteries, same management interface. That is why I'm specifically only
looking at Tripplite and APC.

After doing some more research it appears there are at least a half dozen
reputable vendors. As more enterprise type customers move their server
stuff to the cloud (err, butt?) a lot of used UPS end up going to
electronics recycling places.