They can do a "resource consolidation" but they'll probably charge for it.

On 4/5/2016 2:31 PM, Ken Hohhof wrote:
Has anyone ever done a company name change on your ARIN account? Any chance that could end badly? I'm actually not talking a name change, more like consolidating 2 companies.

Years ago I formed a second corporation to acquire another ISP (in case there were skeletons in the closet). The ARIN account is under the original corporate name, which I actually dissolved awhile back and everything now operates under the new corporation. (Got tired of paying double to the state, lawyer and accountant every year.)

Now that I applied for an IPv6 allocation, ARIN is saying no, they can't find my organization name listed with the state.

If I tell ARIN the real story, could they do bad stuff like take back my IPv4 allocation? Would I be better off doing something like listing the old name with the state as an official DBA under the new corporation? Given the wording I got from ARIN, I'm not sure that would satisfy them.