I would actually say the opposite.

It took me 5 years to do a name transfer (The original company had been
dissolved for several years), I had all of the appropriate info and they
would still not do it, finally I started making a big fuss about it and
then it was done within 24 hours.  I have been dealing with a IP block
transfer for several months now as well.  What I have found is that you
have to find the right person via these support tickets....  I am hoping I
am on my last support ticket to getting these blocks transferred correctly.

Erich Kaiser
North Central Tower
er...@northcentraltower.com
Office: 630-621-4804