So a few months ago we purchased an 11 GHz PTP820S 2+0 link. We recently installed it, and it appears to be working fine, aside from a little bit of frame loss that we are investigating. While looking into this frame loss issue, I stumbled across something that concerns me. On Cambium's support forum there is a post that states that when dealing with 2+0 links both radios must be in the same sub-band. There is no explanation of why this is the case. In our situation, the radios are in separate sub-bands. When we did the frequency coordination, the only two 80 MHz channels available were in different sub-bands. I passed those channels along to our vendor who worked with Cambium to get a BOM. At no point did anyone say that this was a problem. So now, fast forward a few months, and I stumble across this post, and now I'm wondering what the implications will be. Both links are up and running. Signal on both is right where it should be (-39 on one, -40 on the other). Both are running at maximum modulation. There are no defective blocks shown on the radio interfaces. There is no indication that this sub-band mismatch is causing any issues, aside from possibly this frame loss thing. However, if I mute the radios on one link, the frame loss persists, so I don't think it's related.

In case it matters, the two links are oppositely polarized. On one side we've got a 2 foot dish with an OMT combining the radios. On the other side, we've got an 8 foot dual-pol dish.

So I'm wondering if anyone knows why Cambium says that you can't use radios from different sub-bands. Are we in for trouble at some point?

Craig