I am not familiar with the hardware nor the intricate specifics.. However I
would make a general statement ..

There are a lot of old wives tales associated with licensed link, there may be
some context to these old wives tails, most folks in the industry tend to take
it for face value, very few end up examining it for merit of correctness.
Comments made by folks in the public forums can be the best or the worst of
such examples.

>From the sounds of it, you have done everything right, and you have the link
>working, then anything else would be an old wives tale.

BTW, if you were able to get 2x80mhz channels in 11ghz, take a look at what
Mimosa B11's can do with them.... and yes these folks did challenge the
accepted status quo  in licensed links..

Regards/

Faisal Imtiaz
Snappy Internet & Telecom
7266 SW 48 Street