I don't think its good business to hold my vendor partner's feet to the
fire over something I shouldn't be doing in the first place.  I get it.
You feel the other way.

On Sunday, April 17, 2016, Scott Vander Dussen <[email protected]> wrote:

> With all due respect, no you still didn't "get it"; but neither is it
> important that you do.  So I'm going to drop this aspect of the discussion
> it here.  :)
>
> Thanks,
> 'S
>
> Sent mobile!
>
> On Apr 17, 2016, at 06:26, Chuck Hogg <[email protected]
> <javascript:_e(%7B%7D,'cvml','[email protected]');>> wrote:
>
> So, the issue, is that they enforced policy that they originally thought
> they could try to let you slide on.  IPPay has no control over
> VISA/MC/AMEX, so when they say no, it's their fault.  Got it.  I'll bow out
> of this one, because I fail to see the logic of breaking the rules, getting
> caught, they tried to help, and then they couldn't process the
> transaction.  Now you quit doing business with them over a non-business
> related transaction.  I've worked with probably 15 different merchant
> processors over the last 20 years, and none of them have ever allowed
> this.  I wouldn't quit a company that wouldn't help me break card
> processing rules, even if they originallly tried to help me break them.
>
>
>
>
> On Sunday, April 17, 2016, Jason McKemie <[email protected]
> <javascript:_e(%7B%7D,'cvml','[email protected]');>> wrote:
>
>> The issue is how it was handled.
>>
>> On Saturday, April 16, 2016, Chuck Hogg <[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>>> Um, so if you don't seewhy this isn't allowed, I don't know what to
>>> say.  And to quit a processor over running an unnatural charge that wasn't
>>> a normal part of your charge history is crazy.  I bet they tried to help
>>> you and thats why the runnaround only to be told by their bank that its a
>>> no-no.  Its also in most merchant agreements.
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> On Saturday, April 16, 2016, Jason McKemie <
>>> [email protected]> wrote:
>>>
>>>> I would have done the same thing.
>>>>
>>>> On Saturday, April 16, 2016, Jeremy <[email protected]> wrote:
>>>>
>>>>> Sorry, but this is a ridiculous reason to leave IPPay.  Also, it is a
>>>>> grey area when it comes to legality.
>>>>>
>>>>> On Fri, Apr 15, 2016 at 8:55 PM, That One Guy /sarcasm <
>>>>> [email protected]> wrote:
>>>>>
>>>>>> ther may be ftc regulations that would create a criminal liability
>>>>>> for processors allowing kiting
>>>>>>
>>>>>> On Fri, Apr 15, 2016 at 8:05 PM, Tyson @ Internet Communications Inc
>>>>>> (ICI) <[email protected]> wrote:
>>>>>>
>>>>>>> My 2 cents:
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> Who cares! The merchant gets their damn money.  Unless you have some
>>>>>>> kind of charge back history, it's stupid.   The only thing I will say, 
>>>>>>> as
>>>>>>> an outsider, if you did it for the rewards perk...why?
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> Doesn't the reward get off set by the merchant fees?  It's a wash.
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> If the intent was for something else, it's really none of their
>>>>>>> business.  They make money.
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> Disclaimer:  I don't use them
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> *Tyson Burris, President*
>>>>>>>   *Internet Communications Inc.*
>>>>>>>   *739 Commerce Dr.*
>>>>>>>   *Franklin, IN 46131*
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> *317-738-0320 <317-738-0320> Daytime #*
>>>>>>> *317-412-1540 <317-412-1540> Cell/Direct #*
>>>>>>> *Online: **www.surfici.net*
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> Forgive the brevity, the typos and my fat fingers!
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> On Apr 15, 2016, at 4:43 PM, Scott Vander Dussen <
>>>>>>> [email protected]> wrote:
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> I’ve received a few off-list request for my story and a couple here
>>>>>>> on-list.  I don’t mind sharing, I just didn’t want to come out with a 
>>>>>>> rant
>>>>>>> about IPPay because that wasn’t my goal.  I share this experience 
>>>>>>> because I
>>>>>>> really value this list and the contributions made by all you wonderful
>>>>>>> people.  Few things have shaped my business and been as valuable of a
>>>>>>> resource as this list (beginning as Part-15.org <http://part-15.org>
>>>>>>> to current), so thank you everyone!  (:  Part of that awesomeness is
>>>>>>> sometimes sharing the less than stellar experiences we face, here’s mine
>>>>>>> with IP Pay.
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> 1. I wanted to make a purchase that was not eligible for a CC
>>>>>>> payment and get the cash back rewards
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> 2. I contacted Cap1 and asked if I could use one of those blank
>>>>>>> “courtesy checks” they send out to write to myself and basically get a 
>>>>>>> cash
>>>>>>> advance plus then get the cash back rewards. They said no problem, but 
>>>>>>> the
>>>>>>> checks are exempt from cash back rewards.
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> 3. I asked if I as a business could run my own card into my own bank
>>>>>>> account for the cash rewards.  She said no problem, I asked her to 
>>>>>>> research
>>>>>>> the Cap 1 Visa ToS to verify, she did and again no problem.  I then 
>>>>>>> asked
>>>>>>> her to triple verify by confirming with her supervisor, and again no
>>>>>>> problem.  They said if you have that resource to process your own card 
>>>>>>> and
>>>>>>> you’re paying your minimum balances etc. it’s a non-issue.
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> 4. I researched “Credit Card Kiting” which is the process of paying
>>>>>>> a credit card balance with another credit card- the practice is only a
>>>>>>> problem when there is deception involved.  Even the Wikipedia article
>>>>>>> demonstrates its OK when there is not deception.  And this isn’t even
>>>>>>> kiting, it’s just processing a credit card for cash in the bank.
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> 5. We process a card for $20k
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> 6. Tanya Krapil from IPPay halts the transaction,  holds the funds
>>>>>>> and emails me asking if it’s legit.  (lost a whole day of expected funds
>>>>>>> because of this)
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> 7. I reply it’s legit.
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> 8. Tayan demands invoices and “documentation” before she will
>>>>>>> release the funds.
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> 9. I reply: “We don't share our invoices with parties not involved
>>>>>>> with the transaction, that is not only a breach of confidentiality but
>>>>>>> inappropriate for you to ask. While I can appreciate your concern for 
>>>>>>> fraud
>>>>>>> I have, as the CEO of Velociter, already confirmed the legitimacy of 
>>>>>>> this
>>>>>>> transaction. If at this time you are cause further delays in processing
>>>>>>> this transaction then I will consider your actions as unreasonable
>>>>>>> non-performance and a termination of our long standing business
>>>>>>> relationship.”
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> 10. Tayna the replies that she will process this transaction.
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> 11. Subsequently Tayna spoke telephonically with other staff and
>>>>>>> determined the card was employee owned.  Tayna said she’d process the
>>>>>>> payment but it isn’t a kosher practice.
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> 12. Tayna then emails me to tell me just kidding, she’s not going to
>>>>>>> process the payment after all. (losing yet another day of expected 
>>>>>>> funds)
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> My grief is that on a $20k tag Tayna doesn’t bother to pick up the
>>>>>>> phone and call, just arbitrarily held the funds and sent an email.  Then
>>>>>>> she said two times that she would indeed process the payment only to 
>>>>>>> then
>>>>>>> change her mind later.  It’s horrible customer service to say one thing 
>>>>>>> and
>>>>>>> then not honor it, even if you made a mistake.  I’m particularly 
>>>>>>> bothered
>>>>>>> by her asking for “invoices and documentation” to support the charge; 
>>>>>>> the
>>>>>>> US in particular is getting so used to sacrificing our privacy and
>>>>>>> freedoms.  Tayna is demanding I send over information that completely 
>>>>>>> out
>>>>>>> of her sphere of concern.
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> Tayna is citing that it’s a Visa policy not process your own card,
>>>>>>> but has provided no documentation to support that.  There is no 
>>>>>>> deception
>>>>>>> involved, we called and pre-authorized the transaction with Cap1 on a
>>>>>>> recorded call and Cap1 gave their blessing.  I contract with IPPay to
>>>>>>> process the CC cards I enter, nothing more.  Even if there is some 
>>>>>>> obscure
>>>>>>> Visa ToS that prohibits this transaction for this specific reason (this 
>>>>>>> is *
>>>>>>> *not** credit card kiting) Tayna’s lack of professionalism and the
>>>>>>> subsequent headache it’s caused me finished my company’s business
>>>>>>> relationship with IPPay.  And I would greatly question who is the
>>>>>>> enforcement of Visa’s ToS, the merchant or the issuing bank.  I’d lean
>>>>>>> heavily towards the issuing bank.
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> Anyhow, thanks for the feedback and suggestions of other merchants.
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> Scott
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> *From:* Af [mailto:[email protected]] *On Behalf Of *Mike Hammett
>>>>>>> *Sent:* Friday, April 15, 2016 11:35
>>>>>>> *To:* [email protected]
>>>>>>> *Subject:* Re: [AFMUG] Merchant services
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> Same.
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> -----
>>>>>>> Mike Hammett
>>>>>>> Intelligent Computing Solutions <http://www.ics-il.com/>
>>>>>>> <https://www.facebook.com/ICSIL>
>>>>>>> <https://plus.google.com/+IntelligentComputingSolutionsDeKalb>
>>>>>>> <https://www.linkedin.com/company/intelligent-computing-solutions>
>>>>>>> <https://twitter.com/ICSIL>
>>>>>>> Midwest Internet Exchange <http://www.midwest-ix.com/>
>>>>>>> <https://www.facebook.com/mdwestix>
>>>>>>> <https://www.linkedin.com/company/midwest-internet-exchange>
>>>>>>> <https://twitter.com/mdwestix>
>>>>>>> The Brothers WISP <http://www.thebrotherswisp.com/>
>>>>>>> <https://www.facebook.com/thebrotherswisp>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> <https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXSdfxQv7SpoRQYNyLwntZg>
>>>>>>> ------------------------------
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> *From: *"Jason Wilson" <[email protected]>
>>>>>>> *To: *[email protected]
>>>>>>> *Sent: *Friday, April 15, 2016 1:22:03 PM
>>>>>>> *Subject: *Re: [AFMUG] Merchant services
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> Scott, I am an IPPay client,  email privately your decision to move.
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> Jason
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> Jason Wilson
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> Remotely Located
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> Providing High Speed Internet to out of the way places.
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> 530-651-1736
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> 530-748-9608 Cell
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> www.remotelylocated.com
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> On Fri, Apr 15, 2016 at 11:08 AM, Josh Reynolds <
>>>>>>> [email protected]> wrote:
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> Authorize.net <http://authorize.net>?
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> On Fri, Apr 15, 2016 at 1:02 PM, Scott Vander Dussen
>>>>>>> <[email protected]> wrote:
>>>>>>> > Without all the nasty details, I'm completely done doing business
>>>>>>> with IPPay. Any recommendations for alternatives?
>>>>>>> >
>>>>>>> > Thanks,
>>>>>>> > 'S
>>>>>>> >
>>>>>>> > Sent mobile!
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>> --
>>>>>> If you only see yourself as part of the team but you don't see your
>>>>>> team as part of yourself you have already failed as part of the team.
>>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>
>>> --
>>> Regards,
>>> Chuck
>>>
>>
>
> --
> Regards,
> Chuck
>
>

-- 
Regards,
Chuck

Reply via email to