Europe is tricky because as soon as you cross a border you are in a
different country and roaming fees etc. apply.  Even Europeans have
problems, we went snowboarding with my friend from France and as soon as we
got to Switzerland we had to turn off pandora...1st world problems for
sure.  last time i was over there i just went to Starbucks and used their
wifi...the rest of the time i enjoyed the silence and figured if the office
called i'd just pay the piper.

if you were going to be in just one country then you could do the SIM card
for that country but once you go to the next country you need a new card.
 kinda made me appreciate the no roaming here in america ;-)

-sean