Ill just leave this guy on internal IP space

On Tue, May 10, 2016 at 1:55 PM, jeff pastuck <[email protected]>
wrote:

> The 320 CPE's have a known open DNS resolver issue (responding to DNS
> queries from external hosts). I have seen some of the NAT enabled CPE's
> choke on the external DNS requests and we then see 95% packet loss to them.
> Most of our 320 CPE's operate in bridge mode.
>
> On Tue, May 10, 2016 at 10:38 AM, Joe Novak <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> Does 320 have 'remote configuration interface' in the NAT tab? I think
>> this is equivalent to 'separate management interface'. I'm not very
>> familiar with the 320 line... or maybe change it to a random nonstandard
>> port just for said customer and then firewall the port at the tower/edge?
>>
>> On Tue, May 10, 2016 at 8:09 AM, Trey Scarborough <[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>>> I wouldn't recommend doing it there are not any known security issues
>>> that I can speak of. I do know however that your performance on that CPE
>>> will be go down significantly and I do know outside request can kill them.
>>> I guess a sort of vulnerability.
>>>
>>>
>>> On 5/9/2016 11:41 PM, That One Guy /sarcasm wrote:
>>>
>>>> All our 320s are in bridge mode. We have a fool customer who is
>>>> irritating me though, I need to isolate him from our network so I want
>>>> to put it in NAT mode, but I need to have him on a public IP so he can
>>>> be identified in complaints. Are there any known vulnerabilities in the
>>>> 320 CPE I should be aware of? the operator and admin account are
>>>> disabled. Telnet and port 80 are enabled on the WAN.
>>>>
>>>> also, how functional is the DMZ, will there end up being complaints that
>>>> some game doesnt work?
>>>>
>>>> --
>>>> If you only see yourself as part of the team but you don't see your team
>>>> as part of yourself you have already failed as part of the team.
>>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>
>


-- 
If you only see yourself as part of the team but you don't see your team as
part of yourself you have already failed as part of the team.

Reply via email to