The cabinets are 50 or 52U in size – custom size I know for sure… extra wide
too which is nice

When filled (pure SSD, almost 200TB raw capacity) they draw around 16kW of
power :)

From: Af [mailto:af-boun...@afmug.com] On Behalf Of Eric Kuhnke
Sent: May 14, 2016 7:50 PM
To: af@afmug.com
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] Data center temperatures

How does a 44U cabinet need 208V 60A for storage arrays?

In a 4U chassis the max hard drives (front and rear) is about 60 x 3.5"...

Say each drive is 7.5W TDP, that's 450W of drives. Add another 200W for
controller/motherboard and fans. 650W in 4U.

44 / 4 = 11

Multply by 650

7150W

More realistically with a normal amount of drives (like 40 per 4U) a single 208
30A is sufficient,

208 x 30 = 6240W

Run at max 0.85 load on the circuit, so

6240 x 0.85 = 5304W

In a really dense 2.5" environment all of the above is of course invalid, you
could probably need up to 7900W per cabinet
Then there's 52U cabinets as well...

On May 13, 2016 6:16 PM, "Paul Stewart" <p...@paulstewart.org