Guys,

We have always used the Optima D31M AGM batteries (just because).  Well....
It's that time... time to replace 90% of them, and looking for alternatives.
Having to buy 120+ batteries... cost becomes something to at least look at.

My local supplier says that FPL (Florida Power & Light - aka Florida Flicker
and Flash)  uses the Deka 7T31  non-AGM batteries (Lead Acid) and they are a
lot cheaper (waiting on price - I found them quickly for $ 100 each).  They are
a 100ah batteries.  Here is the spec otherwise
http://www.eastpennmanufacturing.com/wp-content/uploads/Deka-Commercial-Batteries-Flyer-0010.pdf
 (minus the ah rating which I got from Deka over the phone).

Does lead acid have distinct disadvantages from AGM?  Also, anybody using
Li-Ion yet for a tower battery bank?  Probably not cost-effective ?

Paul

Paul McCall, President
PDMNet, Inc. / Florida Broadband, Inc.
658 Old Dixie Highway