From: Paul McCall
Sent: Tuesday, May 31, 2016 7:38 AM
To: af@afmug.com
Subject: [AFMUG] Deka 7T31 non-AGM batteries

Guys,

We have always used the Optima D31M AGM batteries (just because).  Well…. It’s
that time… time to replace 90% of them, and looking for alternatives.  Having
to buy 120+ batteries… cost becomes something to at least look at.

My local supplier says that FPL (Florida Power & Light – aka Florida Flicker
and Flash)  uses the Deka 7T31  non-AGM batteries (Lead Acid) and they are a
lot cheaper (waiting on price – I found them quickly for $ 100 each).  They are
a 100ah batteries.  Here is the spec otherwise
http://www.eastpennmanufacturing.com/wp-content/uploads/Deka-Commercial-Batteries-Flyer-0010.pdf
 (minus the ah rating which I got from Deka over the phone).

Does lead acid have distinct disadvantages from AGM?  Also, anybody using
Li-Ion yet for a tower battery bank?  Probably not cost-effective ?

Paul

Paul McCall, President

PDMNet, Inc. / Florida Broadband, Inc.

658 Old Dixie Highway