I just use AGM everywhere. Screw maintaining wet cells.

On 5/31/2016 11:14 AM, Paul McCall wrote:

We have 22 towers that have the battery plant indoors. 4 batteries at $ 100 each vs $ 200 each (Optima D31M) saves $ 400 per tower ($ 8800 total)

We need to be doing routine maintenance and inspection on each tower anyways every 6 months or so.

The cost savings is something to consider.

For outdoor, we can stick with AGM.

Paul

*From:*Af [mailto:af-boun...@afmug.com] *On Behalf Of *Jesse DuPont
*Sent:* Tuesday, May 31, 2016 11:27 AM
*To:* af@afmug.com
*Subject:* Re: [AFMUG] Deka 7T31 non-AGM batteries

Adding to what Chuck said, you'd also only want to use flooded batts in a vented space. AGM are safer in sealed enclosure.

*_Jesse DuPont_*

Network Architect
email: jesse.dup...@celeritycorp.net <mailto:jesse.dup...@celeritycorp.net>
Celerity Networks LLC

Celerity Broadband LLC
Like us! facebook.com/celeritynetworksllc

Like us! facebook.com/celeritybroadband