I like these...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/eltaidav6g0o392/Screenshot%202016-06-02%2010.50.28.png?dl=0

On 6/1/2016 12:24 PM, Paul McCall wrote:

Some our remote towers can have outages lasting several hours several times a year. We have gotten good lifespans on the AGMs and we are probably leaning that way, the more I investigate the situation. I have a local dealer that buys 20K of a couple particular model per month, so am able to get the AGM price down with Free delivery. Can get a 105ah for $ 180 or an 80ah for $ 140 so that’s what I am leaning towards since the AGMs have done so well for us. Am also switching most everything to 48v (from 24v) so that is a factor in my calculations on run-time needed etc.

Paul

*From:*Af [mailto:af-boun...@afmug.com] *On Behalf Of *Chuck McCown
*Sent:* Wednesday, June 1, 2016 10:12 AM
*To:* af@afmug.com
*Subject:* Re: [AFMUG] Deka 7T31 non-AGM batteries

Flooded cells can last >20 years.

*From:*Ken Hohhof <mailto:af...@kwisp.com>

*Sent:*Tuesday, May 31, 2016 3:50 PM

*To:*af@afmug.com <mailto:af@afmug.com>

Paul, how often do you change the batteries? And how often do they get discharged?

The small ones I try to change every 2 years, but the 100Ah and larger AGMs seems to last 5 years or more. Our towers only have a handful of power outages per year though.

Most of our big batteries are Concorde (marine or solar) or Northstar. I suspect any name brand US manufactured AGM batteries would have similar life.