Noob question - mechanically, how do you break out an individual fiber outside the dwelling?

On 06/16/2016 09:15 AM, Chuck McCown wrote:
Something that small, run 144 count fiber, home run to each dwelling and then choose active or PON back at your cabinet.

-----Original Message----- From: Rob Genovesi
Sent: Thursday, June 16, 2016 10:14 AM
To: af@afmug.com
Subject: [AFMUG] Building small GPON network

We're looking at our first fiber neighborhood project, about 90 homes.
The neighborhood will be fed via wireless and fiber used for
distribution.  It's 100% aerial in remote private neighborhood.
Currently in the research/feasibility stage, but I hope this will be
our first build and a good project to cut our teeth on.

A few questions, answer off-list if you prefer:

- What OLT/ONT have people been using and liked for a small GPON network?

- Reading about "Distributed Tap Architecture" vs Splitting method.
Anyone have experience with Tap?

- Armored or Dielectric?  100% aerial at the bottom of a canyon under
dense tree canopy.

I'm sure there will be more questions, thanks in advance for any sharing.

Rob Genovesi • Coastside.Net • Owner
650-712-5900 • 525B Obispo Rd • Half Moon Bay CA

!DSPAM:2,5762d0b8181031678613189!