It's funny...I just had the exact same thing happen on a pair of AF_5x that had been up and running fine for over a year. They were passing 250 Mbps one way and 75 Mbps the other when all of a sudden they exhibited the same throughput, chain, and modulation issues as you saw with your AF24s.

I changed the frequency from 5.2xx to 5.740 GHz and that fixed it (well, it is acting as a workaround for now at least). I still don't know for sure that there's not a bad radio on one end or the other. Airview is out of the question without going onsite since it would take down the link used to get to that tower where we need to run the Airview. And it's 400 miles away so driving to it is an all-day event.

Or perhaps it was just "pick on a Sam" day. :)
Sam